- Week by week resources, search the web for one fits you need or find an APP
- Enroll in a home visitation program (SEE # 3 for a list of resource in your county)
- Count the Kicks www.countthekicks.org
- Child Care Resource & Referral has a data base of child care providers to search http://www.iowaccrr.org/
- Or call 1-800-945-9778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quality Child Care Information
- ISU Extension Child Care Resource http://www.extension.iastate.edu/humansciences/quality-child-care
- Zero to Three http://www.zerotothree.org/early-care-education/child-care/choosing-quality-child-care.html
- Child Care Aware http://childcareaware.org/parents-and-guardians/child-care-101/5-steps-to-choosing-care
- Parent Time Out Call the Family Resource Center at 712-792-6440
- Going back to work, the transition
- For other counties contact the local Early Childhood Iowa Area (link to map of Iowa) http://www.state.ia.us/earlychildhood/local_system/map/index.html
- Children and Sleep (pdf)
- National Sleep Foundation http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/sleep-topics/children-and-sleep
- American SIDS Foundation http://www.sids.org/
- Iowa SIDS Foundation http://www.iowasids.org/default.htm
- Reading to your Baby http://www.babycenter.com/0_reading-to-your-baby_368.bc
- PBS http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/reading-language/reading-milestones/baby-language-development-milestones/baby-reading/
- Discipline Toddler (PDF)
- Discipline Preschoolers (PDF)
- Ages & Stages of Child Development https://store.extension.iastate.edu/ProductList.aspx?Keyword=ages%20and%20stages
- Toilet Training (pdf)
- If behaviors are extreme visit with your child’s physician
- In home parenting offered through the H.O.P.E.S. programs See #3 for contact information
- Say Yes to Family Meal Time https://store.extension.iastate.edu/ItemDetail.aspx?ProductID=5414
- Choose my Plate http://www.choosemyplate.gov/kids/
- Tour all the parks in your area and ask your children to say what they like best about each one
- Visit your library, checking out books is free! And some have other activities to check out
- Sign up for newsletters from your local conservation department. They have family friendly activities
- Take your children on a hike down one of the numerous trails. A short hike is better than no hike
- Call your local city office and ask them for a list of festivals in your area
- Attend your county fair
- Take in the local little league game, small children love to watch “big kids”
- Ask your friends what they like to do with their children that has no cost or a low cost
- Audubon Family Friendly Activities
Audubon Community Preschool
Audubon Community School offers a preschool program for children who are four years of age by September 15th of the current school year. Morning and afternoon sessions meet Monday-Friday and follow the Audubon School calendar. Call 712-563-3751 for information
St John Christian Preschool
St John Preschool located in Audubon within St John Lutheran Church they offers a Christian based education for children 3 or 4 years of age, with the focus being school readiness skills. Morning sessions meet Monday through Thursday. Call 712-563-3333 for more information.
Little Vikes, Exira Preschool
Exira Community School offers a preschool program for children who are four years of age by September 15th of the current school year. A morning session meets Monday through Friday and follows the school calendar. Located at the Exira Elementary Building call 712-268-5337 for more informaiton.
New Opportunities, Inc Head Start 3-5 provides center based preschool services for children 3-5 years old. A positive safe learning environment is created for the children in a classroom setting. Classes are held four days a week, four hours a day. Children within Audubon County attend the Audubon Head Start Classroom. 712-792-9266 Ext 400 for more informaiton.
ABCD Preschool provides Active, Busy, Creative,Days for a 3yr. and 4yr. old program. Classes are 2 to 3 days a week/ 2 to 3 hrs. per class. Class size of 8 students, offering more one on one in a fun home-based environment. Creative Curriculum is applied for planning a developmentally appropriate program in different areas such as Blocks, Dramatic play, Art, Discovery, Library, Music, Games and other fun areas. Please call 712-792-3117 for more information.
Carroll Area CCC & Preschool*
113 W 7th St Carroll 712-792-1375
Early Steps to Learning
708 N Adams Carroll 712-792-1811
Carroll Community Preschool
Multiple locations in Carroll 712-792-8030
Little Lamb Preschool
St Paul Lutheran Carroll 712-792-9358
Coon Rapids-Bayard Pre-K
Coon Rapids-Bayard offers a combimation Pre-Kindergarten/Head Start program. It serves chilren who turn 4 by September 15th of the current school year as well as children aged 3-4 years old enrolled in the Head Start program offered through New Opportunities, Inc. in Carroll. The morning and afternoon sessions meet every Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri. of each week and follows the Coon Rapids-Bayard School calendar. It is located in the Deal Elementary Building. For more information you may call 1-(712) 999-2845. http://www.crbcrusaders.org/
Glidden-Ralston Community School offers an all-day, everyday preschool program for children who are four years of age by September 15th of the current school year, Developmentally appropriate program provides kindergarten readiness opportunities and inspires a love of learning. The Glidden-Ralston program is a Voluntary Preschool Program using the QPPS Standards and offer ECSE services. Transportation is provided with the district bussing.
Free tuition and transportation provided for the all day, everyday program. For more information call 712- 659-3411.
IKM-Manning Preschool (Manning Elementary)
The IKM-Manning CSD Offers research based curriculum preschool programs for children who are four years of age by September 15th of the current school eary. The Preschool located in the Mannign Elementary offers a morning and an afternoon session. Each session meets four time a week. There is no charge for tuition and transportation is provided with in the school district. (712)655-3761
IKM-Manning also offers a preschool program at the Irwin Elementary building, located in Shelby County, (712)782-3126
Zion Lutheran Preschool*
Zion Preschool located in Manning offers a Christian based program for three and four year old children. The program’s goal is provide a high quality preschool program meeting each child’s needs. The preschool provides a rich learning environment that encourages children’s natural curiosity and supports them to take risks that lead to new skill development. It is a setting where children feel safe, respected, and cared for. Our morning or afternoon session meets Tues., Wed., and Thursday. For more information call (712) 655-2352.
Head Start & Early Head Start 712-792-9266 Ext 400
New Opportunities, Inc Head Start 3-5 provides center based preschool services for children 3-5 years old. Classrooms are located in Carroll, Coon Rapids and Glidden. Early Head Start is a comprehensive home visitation program for income eligible families.
Greene County Preschool
Pied Pipers Preschool provides fun, educational experiences encouraging each child to become an enthusiastic learner. We are licensed by the Iowa Department of Human Services and we were awarded 4 stars on their Quality Rating Scale. We implement Creative Curriculum and are located in the Greene County Early Learning Center. Parents can call 515-386-2092 for more information.
Paton Churdan Community School offers a preschool program for children who are three or four years of age by September 15th of the current school year. Located in Churdan, call 515-389-3111 for more information.
New Opportunities, Inc. Head Start 3-5 provides center based preschool services for children 3-5 years old. A positive safe learning environment is created for the children in a classroom setting. Classes are held four days a week, four hours a day. Children in Greene County attend the Jefferson Head Start classroom. 712-792-9266 Ext 400
Adair Casey Preschool
Located at the Adair Casey School 641-746-2241
Guthrie Center Preschool*
Located in the Guthrie Center Elementary School, our 3 and 4-year-old preschool classrooms make learning fun and exciting for all children, including preschoolers with developmental delays and disabilities. Our goal is to assist children in gaining growth socially, emotionally, and intellectually with fun hands-on learning experiences and activities while showing them how they can achieve their full potential and prepare them for kindergarten. 641-332-2720
Panther Pals Preschool is located at the Panorama Elementary School, provides a morning program for 3-year-olds and an afternoon program for 4-year-olds. Both classes meet four days a week for three hours a day. Children engage in problem-solving activities, develop a positive self-esteem and learn how to appreciate the differences and similarities among the class members. This program also incorporates learning into typical activities found in any preschool, including music, art, stories, school readiness skills, and playtime. Call the school for more information: 641-755-2021
West Central CSD Preschool
The WCV preschool has certified classroom teachers to provide a high quality program for children 4 years of age by September 15th. Free tuition and transportation provided 4 days per week. State of the art preschool facility ready January 2010 in Stuart for all WCV students! Call 641-523-1018
New Opportunities, Inc Head Start 3-5 provides center based preschool services for children 3-5 years old. A positive safe learning environment is created for the children in a classroom setting. Classes are held four days a week, four hours a day. Classrooms are located in Coon Rapids, Panora and Jefferson. 712-792-9266 Ext 400
- Getting Ready for School in Iowa http://www.state.ia.us/earlychildhood/files/parents/school_readiness_brochure.pdf
Didn’t find your question, go to the Early Childhood Iowa Parent website and look for resources for 100’s of questions. http://www.state.ia.us/earlychildhood/parents/index.html